The training will be Tuesday, February 28, 2023 through Friday, March 3, 2023 from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Aging with Y(our) Health Conditions is one of the proven, train-the-trainer-model programs supported by the Atlanta Regional Commission Area Agency on Aging (ARC). The participant workshop is co-led by two trained and certified Lay Leaders, one or both of whom have long-term health conditions, and the workshop provides participants with tools to address symptoms commonly experienced by persons aging with long-term conditions (e.g. pain, stress, anxiety, shortness of breathing, medication adherence, depression, etc.) regardless of the participants’ diagnoses.
This Lay Leader Training provides a specialized, long-term/on-going volunteer opportunity. Individuals who register for this training will: gain familiarity with the workshop curriculum; learn teaching tools and techniques to successfully co-lead the 6-week participant workshop; and join the growing network of Evidence Based Program Coaches across the ARC Region offering Health Management, Falls Prevention, Caregiver Support, and Aging with Purpose programming. Trainees earning certification will be able to provide this proven program and incredible service to members across our 10-Metro counties.
- Complete a brief telephone interview with ARC’s evidence-based program Team,
- Complete required background/fingerprint screening,
- Attend and successfully complete all components of the 4-day training
- Be granted certification by the two Master Trainers co-leading the training
- Sign an Instructor Memorandum of Understanding with the ARC
- Be willing and able to co-lead their first 6-week participant workshops within 3 months of being trained (with full support of the ARC Team and experienced Leaders)
- Agree to co-lead at least two workshops annually thereafter
We are able to provide this training at no cost to those who register with funding from the Administration for Community Living.
Questions? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org