Empowerline Event Submission Guidelines
The empowerline events calendar provides a listing of events related to aging and disability services taking place in metro Atlanta. We welcome event submissions from the public to be included in the listing. The empowerline team will review event submissions and reserves the right to reject submissions that do not meeting the following criteria:
- You must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, government entity, academic institution, or other public-interest organization as determined by the Atlanta Regional Commission for your event to be posted. Submitted events cannot be used to generate new business.
- Event submissions should be for special events (e.g., performances, exhibitions, lectures) open to the general public and not for recurring, regular meetings.
- Event submissions must include . A website URL for further reference is also encouraged if available.
- The contact person will be held responsible for the accuracy of the event content.
- Empowerline is not responsible for inaccurate information (time changes, rain dates, etc.).
- Empowerline reserves the right to discontinue posting events from an organization if we receive multiple complaints of inaccurate events.
- Events requiring RSVP/registration must specify and include appropriate links/information. The events calendar is not able to process registrations.
- To ensure your event is posted in time, please submit your event at least two weeks in advance.
- Submissions are only accepted via the event submission form located at – [URL].
- Your event will not be accepted if submitted in ALL CAPS.
- Exceptions to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the empowerline
Empowerline reserves the right to:
- Reject event submissions that do not meet these criteria.
- Remove any submissions at any time, for any reason.
- Edit submissions for length, spelling, language and clarity.
Cancelling or changing event information:
If you need to cancel or change any information about your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within two business days of the event. While we will try to accommodate changes up to the last minute, we can not guarantee corrections or cancellations made with less than two days’ notice.
- Images should reflect the event that is being submitted. If an image is not provided, empowerline will show a generic background. Some image ideas include:
- Portraits of speakers (identify individuals in image alt text)
- Photos from past years’ events or print-quality posters
- Scenes, settings, or objects related to the event
- Do not attach images that might be offensive, inappropriate, or in violation of applicable copyright laws.
- Empowerline reserves the right to post an alternative image.
- Image specifications:
- Maximum File Size: 80 kB
- File Type: .jpg (.jpeg) is preferred
- Orientation: Portrait (longer height than width)