Blog Comment Policy
Empowerline is brought to you by the Aging and Independence Services Group of ARC, the Atlanta Regional Commission. We encourage you to share your thoughts, ideas, and information on this website. However, the empowerline.org blog is not intended to serve as a public forum.
The views expressed in the Comments section or a commenter’s social media profile(s) reflect those of the individual(s) who authored the comment(s) and may not reflect those of Aging and Independence Services Group or ARC.
Comments on this blog are moderated to ensure a respectful, constructive, and non-discriminatory dialogue. All comments are reviewed before they can be posted to ensure compliance with this policy. Be advised that the Aging and Independence Services Group does not plan to respond to individual comments or questions on a routine basis.
To maintain a respectful dialogue, please use the following guidelines when posting comments:
Stay on topic
All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the blog post’s topic. Off-topic posts are prohibited.
Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited. Comments with any of the following elements are also prohibited:
- Any comments with personal attacks of any kind or vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, or abusive language
- Discriminatory language (including hate speech) based on race, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or disability
Spreading misleading or false information is prohibited
Do not spam
Repeated posting of identical or very similar content is prohibited — this includes posts promoting services or products. Comments with any of the following elements are also prohibited:
- Endorsements of political candidates, commercial products, services, organizations, or other entities
- Repetitive posts
- Spam or undecipherable language (gratuitous links will be viewed as spam
Other prohibited comments:
- Copyright infringement
- Links to external sites
- Solicitation of funds
- Procurement-sensitive information related to any current/future government grant or acquisition
- Surveys, polls, and questionnaires
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Sensitive Information (SI)
- We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove and/or not allow comments to get posted.
Your comments are welcome at any time; however, moderating and posting comments should only be expected to occur during regular business hours.
Reporters are asked to send questions to the appropriate ARC Communications Coordinator and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Reporter questions will not be posted nor answered.
In submitting your comments to the empowerline.org website, you irrevocably grant the Aging and Independence Group of ARC permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display, or perform your work publicly and free-of-charge.
When you voluntarily enter comments, profile information (e.g., name and email), likes, shares, and other digital interactions on the empowerline.org blog, or other social media platforms, you are sharing information with the public. You are voluntarily posting optional fields of information to the public that can be viewed by others.