Voice Your Opinion on Important Issues for Older Persons
As the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) for the 10 county Atlanta region, the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) administers comprehensive aging and disability services that enable people to live in their homes and communities. The ARC AAA is adopting a new area plan for July 2020 through June 2024 to address the needs of the region’s older persons, individuals with disabilities, and caregivers.
The Georgia Division of Aging Services has set five goals for the AAAs in Georgia to include in their area plans as follows:
- Goal #1 – Provide long-term services and supports that enable older Georgians, their families, caregivers and persons with disabilities to fully engage and participate in their communities for as long as possible
- Goal #2: Ensure older Georgians, persons with disabilities, caregivers and families have access to information about resources and services that is accurate and reliable.
- Goal #3: Strengthen the aging network to enable partners to become viable and sustainable; and develop a robust network of aging service partners.
- Goal #4: Prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation while protecting the rights of older Georgians and persons with disabilities.
- Goal #5: Utilize continuous quality improvement principles to ensure the State Unit on Aging operates efficiently and effectively.
We want to hear from you on what matters most in metro Atlanta. There are a number of ways to voice your opinion.
- Answer a brief five-question survey online by February 14, 2020.
- Submit written comments on the plan to Connie White via email at CWhite@atlantaregional.org or mail to Connie White, Atlanta Regional Commission, 229 Peachtree Street, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- Attend a public hearing on February 4, 2020 from 1:00–2:00 pm at the Atlanta Regional Commission, and provide comments in writing and/or verbally.